Before our children were born, they had a special conversation with God. They asked Him to give them parents that would care for them, help them with their special needs and most of all love them more than anything else. With that we were chosen as parents to these beautiful children. And for that we are honored and forever grateful. 
Thank you Emma & Harrison for choosing us.
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

February 26, 2009

We had the test!


We found out recently that Harrison is also deaf. I, of course, was devastated at first even though I kind of had a feeling he was. I shut down for a day and did a lot of crying. Actually, I am right now writing this. Not because I'm upset that he is, but because as we all know, the unknown is what is scary. And not that deafness in kids or cochlear implants and surgery are unknown. I know that all too well. But what I don't know is how life in the future will be for both of them. We as parents just want our kids to fit in and be happy. Emma's personality has proven that she will not let any grass grow under her feet! She cherishes her friends, and has many! I'm sure that will continue and she won't let a couple of funny looking hearing devices slow her down. Even at 6 years old she's already more concerned with what outfit she has on and if her hair looks pretty! As far as Harrison goes, I don't know what his personality will be like or how social he'll be. I'm sure big sis will help him along the way and make him feel comfortable and ok with his cochlear implants. What I do know though is that everything happens for a reason, and Emma and Harrison will have a lifelong special bond. And most importantly, we must thank God for them because we were chosen by these children, and we will do the best we can as parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment