Before our children were born, they had a special conversation with God. They asked Him to give them parents that would care for them, help them with their special needs and most of all love them more than anything else. With that we were chosen as parents to these beautiful children. And for that we are honored and forever grateful. 
Thank you Emma & Harrison for choosing us.
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

March 22, 2009

Questions, Questions and more Questions!

We all have them, especially if you're six! 

Emma recently has been asking a TON of questions. She's in kindergarten and they are learning to read and write so letters on a page are interesting to her but she wants to know what everything says! 

My husband and I take turns reading to her every night. We've done that since she was a baby. Sadly for 18 months, we didn't know she couldn't hear us! But we've continued that tradition with her as part of her bedtime routine. Recently she's been reading along with me and trying to jump in and say the words she knows before I do. And if she gets to a word or words that she doesn't know, she immediately asks "What does that say?" How exciting is that! And then she surprised me even more yesterday. We were in the car and stopped at a light at a large intersection with a lot of signs. And she said "Mommy what does that say?" OK great, what the heck is she pointing to?!!! "Right there Mommy, the sign that starts with D". "Oh, that says DANGER" I said. I figured that would be the end of it but then she said " What does danger mean?" So I told her it means to be careful or keep away because it may be bad. And she ended with "Oooohhhhh like fire, that's danger".  Wow, progress, progress, progress!  We'll move on to danger(ous) later!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled to see read how happy you are about all this. I know the feeling. Sometimes, I wonder if people think I'm a little over the top because when Nathan accomplishes small milestones - I make a big deal out of them. They are! But most people will never truly understand the sense of pride and sheer joy of watching your child with special needs accomplish things. Go Emma!

    ReplyDelete